1. You must be aged 16 or above on 1st January 2018.
2. You must be a resident of the UK (including Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
3. You must not have any catering NVQ and/or any other qualification in baking, cooking, food production, food preparation or catering, unless acquired over 10 years ago.
4. You cannot have ever worked full-time as a baker, cook or chef.
5. You must be an amateur baker, meaning your main source of income must not derive from commercial baking or cooking in a professional environment (restaurant, hotel, canteen, bakery, shop etc.) The term ‘baking’ refers to the preparation and oven cooking of flour- (or flour equivalent) based goods such as bread, cakes, pastries, pies, tarts, and biscuits. It does not refer to other food forms that can be oven cooked, or other methods of cooking.
6. You must be able to commit to all the filming days required for the Programme, between April and July 2018, but dates will be confirmed to you should your application be successful.
7. In addition to the Programme filming days, you must also be able to commit to the filming days for The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice (working title). These filming days will include a day of filming prior to first transmission of the last episode of the Programme you appear in (i.e. the episode of the Programme in which you are eliminated from the talent search, or the final, if you are not eliminated), as well as the final episode of The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice. These filming dates will be confirmed to you should your application be successful.
8. You must not work (or have recently worked) for Love Productions or Channel 4 or any affiliate of either, and must not be a live-in partner or immediate relative (for example, mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister) of a member of Channel 4’s or Love Productions’ staff or any affiliate of either or anyone connected with the Programme.
9. You warrant that all information you supply to Love Productions as part of this application for the Programme (including without limitation in relation to any criminal charges, convictions or proceedings) is accurate and you have been and will be at all times truthful and honest. If you are chosen to participate in the Programme, you agree to authorise Love Productions to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide Love Productions with any assistance or further information necessary to do this. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information you provide is untrue or inaccurate, we have the right to suspend, terminate or delete your application.
10. You warrant that any material submitted by you as part of your application, in whatever form, including without limitation any written material, recipes and photographs (“Material”) is genuine and accurate and original to you, has not been copied or reproduced from any published source, tangible or electronic, does not infringe the copyright or any other right of any third party, is not defamatory, blasphemous, obscene or in contempt of court and does not breach any contract, duty of confidence or right of privacy.
11. Your participation in and compliance with the application process does not in any way constitute an agreement with or an undertaking by Love Productions for you to appear in the Programme. Love Productions has no obligation to produce the Programme and even if the Programme is produced there is no obligation on Love Productions, Channel 4 or any other party to broadcast or transmit or otherwise exploit, promote, publicise or advertise the Programme or to include you in any filming and/or in the Programme.
12. When selecting applicants for the Programme Love Productions will, amongst other factors take into account: skill, enthusiasm, drive and love of baking. Love Productions is looking for lively characters who are comfortable being filmed. Initial selection will be based on the application forms and telephone interviews. In addition, Love Productions may (but may not) invite shortlisted applicants to attend an interview at their discretion. Love Productions will be looking for a mix of contestants to reflect the range in age, location, gender and diversity of amateur bakers in Britain.
13. You agree at all times to keep all information relating to the application process for the Programme strictly confidential and you will not disclose or supply any information or material or make any public statement whatsoever at any time regarding the same by any media (including without limitation on blogs, websites and/or social networking platforms such as Twitter, Facebook etc).
16. Love Productions’ decisions regarding all aspects of the Programme including without limitation the selection of contributors is entirely at Love Productions’ sole discretion and cannot be appealed. Love Productions reserves the right at any time and for any reason to change its selection of any contributor and/or to choose a replacement applicant to participate in the Programme.
17. Love Productions can only accept application forms either online via applyforbakeoff.co.uk or by post. Love Productions will not accept applications sent via email.
18. The Deadline for applications is 23.59 on Sunday 7th January 2018 (or such other date as Love Productions may determine). If you have not heard from a member of the Love Productions team by phone or email by Friday 16th March 2018, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful this time.
19. You may only have one application subsisting at any one time. Subject to Clause 20 below, please do not attempt to create more than one application (e.g. by making multiple applications using different mail or email addresses or making multiple registrations online or using variations of your first or last name). If we have reason to believe that you have applied/registered, or attempted to apply/register, more than once in an attempt to create more than one application, we have the right to suspend, terminate or delete your application.
20. You can at any time request that your application be withdrawn/deleted by sending an email (provided, in the case of an online application, such email is sent by you from the email account with which you made your registration), with subject heading ‘Delete my Application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your full name as it appears on your application. Please note that if your application is deleted prior to the deadline for applications (“Deadline”), you will not be considered as a potential participant in the Programme unless you make a further application prior to the Deadline, nor will you be able to use the Apply for Bake Off Website unless you register again.
21. Please do not let anyone else access, create, amend or delete your application.
22. By submitting your Application Form you warrant that you have read, understood and accepted these Rules of Entry and you are eligible to participate in the Programme.
23. If you are chosen to participate in the Programme, you will be asked to sign a Contestant Release Form, which governs the terms of your participation in the Programme including the Programme Rules.
24. Love Productions reserves the right to make changes to these Rules of Entry and/or the Deadline at any time.