1. You must be aged 16 or above on 1st January 2021.
2. You must be a resident of the UK (including Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
3. You must be able to commit to all the filming days required for the Programme, which we anticipate will fall between April and August 2021. Should your application be successful, we will confirm the arrangements for filming* and the relevant dates nearer the time. In addition to the Programme filming days, you must also be able to commit to the filming days for The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice (“Extra Slice”). These Extra Slice filming days will include a day of filming prior to first transmission of the last episode of the Programme you appear in (i.e. the episode of the Programme in which you are eliminated from the talent search, or the final, if you are not eliminated), as well as the final episode of Extra Slice. These filming dates will be confirmed to you should your application be successful.
*For the last series, due to the coronavirus pandemic, filming took place on a ‘closed set’, with contributors required to stay on location for the duration of filming. We will notify you nearer the time if similar arrangements are in place for the next series.
4. All information supplied by you as part of the application for the programme (including in relation to any criminal charges, convictions or proceedings) must be true and accurate.
5. You must not work (nor have recently worked) for or have any business or financial connection with Love Productions or Channel 4 or an affiliate of either.
6. You are not a close relative (for example, mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister) or close friend of anyone who is an employee or contractor of Love Productions or Channel 4 or anyone working on, appearing in or connected with the programme.
7. The production team's decisions regarding the application and audition process and the selection of applicants for the programme are entirely at their discretion, final and incontestable.
8. You must not have any NVQ, BTEC and/or any equivalent professional qualification in baking, cooking, food production, food preparation or catering, unless acquired over 10 years ago.
9. You have never been employed as a baker, cook or chef.
10. Your main source of income must not derive from commercial baking or cooking in a professional environment (restaurant, hotel, canteen, bakery, shop etc.)
11. At any stage of the application process, you agree to authorise Love Productions to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide Love Productions with any assistance or further information necessary to do this. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information you provide is untrue or inaccurate, we have the right to suspend, terminate or delete your application. You also agree that we may carry out health checks (including for example tests for Covid-19) as necessary, to ensure that you are fit to take part in the Programme, as well as any live audition or interview during the application process.
12. You warrant that any material submitted by you as part of your application, in whatever form, including any written material, recipes and photographs (“Material”):-
13. Your participation in and compliance with the application process does not in any way constitute an agreement with or an undertaking by Love Productions for you to appear in the Programme. Love Productions has no obligation to produce the Programme and even if the Programme is produced there is no obligation on Love Productions, Channel 4 or any other party to broadcast or transmit or otherwise exploit, promote, publicise or advertise the Programme or to include you in the Programme.
14. You must at all times keep all information about the application process for the programme strictly confidential and must not give anyone any information or material or make any public statement or publish any photographs at any time by any means (including on blogs, websites and/or social networking platforms such as Twitter, Facebook etc.) about the application or production process and/or the Programme or any other person involved in such processes. This confidentiality applies and continues whether or not you are selected to take part in the Programme or remain actively involved in the Programme. You are not permitted to respond to any approach from the press or anyone else enquiring about the application or production process, anyone else involved in the process and/or anything about the Programme and will refer any such enquiries immediately to Love Productions.
15. Love Productions can only accept application forms either online via applyforbakeoff.co.uk or by post. Love Productions will not accept applications sent via email.
15. The deadline for applications is 23.59pm on Sunday 6th December 2020 (or such other date as Love Productions may determine) (the “Deadline”). If you have not heard from a member of the Love Productions team by phone or email by Friday 5th March 2021, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful this time.
16. You can at any time request that your application be withdrawn/deleted by: (a) writing to us at Take Part Applications, 15 Macklin St, London WC2B 5NG; or (b) sending an email (provided, in the case of an online application, such email is sent by you from the email account with which you made your registration), with subject heading ‘Delete my Application’ to email@example.com giving your full name as it appears on your application. Please note that if your application is withdrawn/ deleted prior to the Deadline you will not be considered as a potential participant in the Programme unless you make a further application prior to the Deadline, nor will you be able to use the Application Website unless you register again.
17. You must only set up one log in to the Application Website and can only apply once to each series of the programme. If Love Productions believes that any applicant has more than one log in or that an applicant has submitted more than one application (per series of the programme), Love Productions may decide not to consider that applicant to take part in the Programme.
18. If you are assisting or making an application on behalf of someone else, you must have their permission before submitting the application and consents contained within the application must be given by the applicant themselves.
21. If you are chosen to participate in the Programme, you will be asked to sign a Contestant Release Form, which governs the terms of your participation in the Programme including the Programme Rules.
22. Love Productions reserves the right to make changes to these Rules of Entry and/or the Deadline at any time.